Shannaghmore Outdoor Education Centre is set in fifty acres of beautiful gardens, woodland and mountainside. The grounds stretch from the Mourne Mountains above Shannaghmore to the Irish Sea below.
What we offer:
- International Exchanges and summer camps
- Community Relations and EMU residentials
- Support for Field Study groups
- Art, crafts, dance, drama, music, photography, poetry, radio, Tai Chi, youth work
- Environmental exploration including wind and photovoltaic energy generated on site
Shannaghmore has a very pleasantly sheltered campsite and barbecue area, approximately 150 metres from the centre buildings. Groups may also camp next to the dining hall or main house. This is a great venue for Scout/Guide camps or for groups with their own outdoor activity and camping leaders.
Camping groups can be self-catering or can book meals in the dining hall. Groups can also be either self-programming, or can arrange at the time of booking to have instructed activity sessions.
Shannaghmore Outdoor Education Centre
Tel: 028 4372 3841 / 028 4372 2341