The Southern Education and Library Board offers a comprehensive Architectural Service, from requirement to completion, for support and development of the local education facilities in the Board's estate including schools, libraries, outdoor education centres, transport depots and teachers centres.
A team of Professionally qualified Architectural staff develop, lead and project manage the complete building procurement service.
Based on the Department of Education guidelines for nursery, primary and secondary schools, we strive to provide for the pupils and staff of the SELB estate, up to date facilities, which provide inspiring spaces for delivery of education in our community.
All new opportunities for procurement and appointment of main contractors is channelled through eSourcing NI. Registered Constructionline Economic Operators are invited to participate in Pre-Qualification Questionnaire processes and tender opportunities. These can be viewed by accessing the link below.
Please refer to the link below for details.
The range of services we provide include:
- Full Architectural Service
- Maintaining a complete property list of the Board's estate
- Full building and site layout plans along with utility records
- Feasibility studies in relation to new capital development
- Temporary accommodation and minor alterations
- Project Management service in relation to the Board's capital planning programme and minor works programme
- Energy efficiency proposals
- Planning applications and advice including listed building consent
- Advice and compliance with Health and Safety and security issues
- Advice on property acquisition and disposal
- Efficient space utilisation
- Improve operational performance