The Child Protection Support Service for Schools was established as a regional service in April 2006.
- Provides advice, guidance and support to Designated and Deputy Designated Teachers in the handling of safeguarding issues
- Operates a daily helpline to schools
- Provides safeguarding training to various groups within education
- Provides training to Designated and Deputy Designated teachers
CPSSS recommends that every school has a Safeguarding Team comprising:
- Principal (Chair)
- Designated and Deputy Designated Teachers for Child Protection
- Chair of Board of Governors
- Designated Governor for Child Protection
To access training resources for the Safeguarding Team please click here.