Cases under Industrial Relations legislation may also be heard by Industrial Tribunals.
The Board is the employer of 8,313 non-teaching staff and of 2,147 teachers; during the year it processed 7,300 applications
for 600 posts; in this context the number of formal complaints made and upheld is not unreasonable.
Other complaints are received but these are dealt with on a daily basis without the need to resort to formal processes.
The essence of an Accounting Officer's role is his responsibility for:
- the propriety and regularity of the public finances for which he is accountable
- the keeping of proper accounts
- prudent and economical administration
- the avoidance of waste and extravagance
- the efficient and effective use of all the resources in his charge.