The main areas of responsibility within Financial & Budgetary Control are as follows:
- To ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions to enable the production of financial reports for both internal and external use.
- To maintain a system of reconciliation which ensures the integrity and control of the Board’s bank accounts.
- To provide regular returns to the two departments in relation to cash forecasting and funding requirements.
- The development and control of the budgetary and financial reporting structures of the Board.
- To design and develop tailored reports.
- The provision of training and support for non-school budget holders and other administration staff on financial management and related issues.
- The provision of support and financial information to non-school budget holders in relation to Capital and Maintenance spend on the Board's estate and other fixed assets, e.g. vehicles
- The production of annual accounts for the board
Main customers are Non-school Budget Holders, School Budget Holders, Senior Management, Committees of the Board, the Board, DCAL , DEL, DE